Yoga for Wise & Wonderful
Geared for participants 55+, this yoga event is sponsored and facilitated by Main Street Yoga!
Studies have found that regular practice of yoga may help:
- Improve balance, stability, flexibility and joint health
- Lower the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Recover from strokes and surgery
- Manage arthritis, pain and inflammation
- Manage diabetes
- Improve sleep quality
- Manage depression and anxiety
- Facilitate the grieving process
Because yoga is not a purely physical practice, there is flexibility to adapt one’s practice to meet one’s needs. This is a significant factor why yoga has become so popular with seniors. It encompasses conscious breathing and meditation exercises, providing practice options appropriate for those of limited mobility. There is a yoga practice available to you, no matter your age, nor your physical limitations. Please bring a mat or towel.
- Friday, May 17, 2019
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Conference Room B - MCPL
- Marion County Public Library